Health Tip: Take Care of Mold Problems
Health Tip: Take Care of Mold Problems. Promptly and thoroughly cleaning up mold can help prevent health problems associated with breathing contaminated air.
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency lists these suggestions for properly cleaning up Mold Problems:
- Promptly take care of any plumbing leaks or problems with the walls; make sure anything that gets wet is thoroughly dried.
- Use detergent and water to scrub mold off of any surfaces; make sure to dry them thoroughly.
- Consider throwing away porous materials such as carpet or ceiling tiles that have gotten wet, because it can be difficult to completely remove mold.
- Limit your exposure to the mold when cleaning it up.
- Do not paint or caulk over moldy areas.
- Consider consulting a specialist to clean up mold in challenging areas or on valuable items.
For more information visit https://aumillerspharmacy.com/article.php?id=674219